Commit is the first professional network founded by software developers that puts the career needs of Startup Engineers first. We’re building a collaborative, remote community with life-long peer-to-peer support, personalized career development, and unique access to startup opportunities. We recently raised $6 million in our pursuit of changing the workplace forever.
Our Engineer Success Team is obsessed with delighting our engineers. Our engineers join our community because they want to learn, teach, grow or try something new. Our engineers want to feel accomplished in their work and that they are making an impact. We are here to give them those opportunities and allow them to solve challenging problems and work for startups that interest them while still providing connection in a remote environment.
Why we need you
Our Engineer Success team continues to grow with our community, so far this year we’ve completed over 125 pilot projects with startups and we’re not stopping! Working closely with over 60 partners, we’re constantly evaluating how we can provide more value and opportunities to our engineers to support them in becoming world class engineers.
This is where we need you – we need you to be part of our engineer-facing team working to design a journey for the individual to help them achieve their career goals, whether it be learning a new coding language, becoming a mentor, expanding their network and so much more.
As an Account Manager on the Engineer Success team, you will be reporting directly to the VP of Engineer Success. You will be an integral part of supporting each engineer’s journey with us ensuring they see success at each milestone and reach their personal goals!
What you can do
- You constantly improve and challenge the status quo on how to provide value added experiences in an individual’s day.
- You aren’t a person that needs an exact playbook to jump into the action! You are curious about change and can learn from peers as well as our engineers to understand and communicate internally.
- You can monitor and identify adoption and utilization trends, while also providing recommendations based on risk and engineers’ needs.
- You are a learner, coach and advisor to engineers. You can expect to host webinars, run targeted coaching sessions individually or in a group, support mentorship programs, attend events and so much more
- You can confidently execute on an engaging journey and be agile to change, iteration and feedback.
- You will manage a portfolio of engineers ranging from partners to community members.
- You understand the importance of not only proactive engagement but value added engagement.
- You are able to find commonalities between interactions to understand how you can make a bigger impact on our growing community.
- You will conduct engineer health-checks; establish trusted relationships with engineers and proactively make recommendations for L&D, workshops and mentorship.
- You will work closely with Startup partners to proactively ensure we’re finding the right matches for both the engineer and startup aligning with skills and goals.
- You can live by Commit’s operating principle of ‘Do What’s Right for the Engineer’ in your day to day.
- Everyone at Commit lives by this and is a constant question internally; it is our north star behind each initiative to ensure we’re all working together on the same goal and moving the needle forward.
- You can act as the voice of the engineer and collect feedback to drive continuous improvement across all areas including product.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Onboard & match new engineers in the program with startup opportunities
- Performance and team metrics for engineers including NPS, healthscores and engagement
- Account management for new and existing partner and community members
Who you are
- You are empathetic and like to create an environment to promote psychological safety and a place to excel.
- You enjoy celebrating and recognizing different learning and working styles to design positive interactions to achieve success
- You are passionate about coaching and working strategically with engineers
- You are agile and accountable.
- You are able to adapt to a fast-paced environment while upholding a high level of output and quality
- You think outside the box on how we can support our engineers and win together
- You love working with multiple stakeholders both internal and external to achieve success
- You are a self starter who is not afraid to try something new or propose change.
- You love communication (in many forms) and can take lead on being proactive working with many different working styles
- You have proven that you can juggle multiple account management projects at a time, while maintaining laser-sharp attention to detail
- You have a solution-oriented mindset when working with individuals to achieve their goals
What we offer you
- Base salary of $55-70K depending on experience
- Health + Dental benefits coverage
- 3 weeks vacation + 12 recognized holidays + an allowance for personal days
- Equipment to work from home and a work from home allowance
- An inclusive and diverse work environment that promotes working out loud as one of its key operating principles
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
As an early-stage startup, we know it’s critical to build inclusive processes as a part of our foundation. In our shortlist (our top 5 candidates), we are committed to having a minimum of 3 candidates who self-identify as women and/or 3 candidates who are part of underrepresented minority groups.