Commit is the first professional network founded by software engineers that puts the career needs of Startup Engineers first. It’s a collaborative, remote community with life-long peer-to-peer support, personalized career development, and unique access to startup opportunities.
This is an exciting opportunity to join Commit in building this world class network of engineers by continuously finding new ways to revolutionize the remote work space and scale our community programs. You can learn more about what it’s like to work at Commit here.
Why we need you
We’re looking for a Business Development Associate that has an appreciation for problem solving and connecting with technical people and would therefore thrive as being a business development representative for our open source platform, Zero.
Zero is an open source tool that creates opinionated infrastructure to help technical founders take their startup from idea to production on day one.
The ideal candidate would be passionate about connecting with technical founders, continuously developing an understanding of early tech team needs and owning the user acquisition funnel for this open source platform.
Roles and responsibilities
- Be the first business development representative on the Zero team!
- Learn from our existing business development experts on the tools of the trade
- Create and own the communication strategy and playbook for potential users and advocates for Zero
- Create and own a playbook for sourcing leads. Be responsible for building out a user acquisition funnel that optimizes for conversion rates
- Increase the Zero user base by 200% by the end of 2022
- Work with the marketing team to promote Zero to a defined target audience of potential users (ex through events, newsletters, targeted advertising, etc)
Who you are
- You are a lifelong learner, and opportunities to step out of your comfort zone are exciting!
- You are very open to, and excited about, learning from experts in your field and are comfortable leaning on the strengths of the team to try and take on new challenges.
- You have an appreciation for startups and the development work it takes to get from zero to one!
- You may not be a developer yourself, but are interested in the startup journey for both founders and early stage development teams
- You care about connecting, adding genuine value in relationships, and developing lasting partnerships.
- It’s not only about reaching goals for you; it’s about finding users that can genuinely find value from Zero.
- You are a strong communicator and aren’t afraid of reaching out to people you don’t know.
- You can easily articulate a problem and suggest solutions in a way that a variety of audiences can understand. You’ve probably been commended on your communication skills in the past.
- You love meeting new people and understanding different perspectives.
What we offer you
- Base salary of $50-70K depending on experience
- Health + Dental benefits coverage
- 3 weeks vacation + 12 recognized holidays + an allowance for personal days
- Equipment to work from home and a work from home allowance
- A chance to learn and grow with seasoned business development experts
- An inclusive and diverse work environment that promotes working out loud as one of its key operating principles
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
As an early-stage startup, we know it’s critical to build inclusive processes as a part of our foundation. In our shortlist (our top 5 candidates), we are committed to having a minimum of 3 candidates who self-identify as women and/or 3 candidates who are part of underrepresented minority groups.