Commit is the first AI-enabled Career Agent for Software Engineers.
We raised $6 million in our pursuit of eliminating the friction between talented software developers and world class opportunities. Now, we’re adding to our team to continue with our incredible mission.
Commit users spend less time filling out applications and more time interviewing. We have partnered with the leading AI platforms (including OpenAI and Google) to create personalized job recommendations, one-click applications and comprehensive job tracking. In addition, we fast track the path to long-term employment by automating warm introductions to hiring managers in our network.
Why we need you
As a Business Development Lead, you will be reporting directly to the CEO, you will tackle the most important and impactful initiatives for the CEO to test long-term viability.
What you will do
- Sales + Business Dev – You will build an always on pipeline of startups for lead generation efforts and work collaboratively with Growth and Talent Solutions teams to identify areas of opportunity.
- You will represent the Commit brand and grow its recognition by leading with value and leveraging the Commit app and problems it solves for our key personas.
- You will have a deep understanding of our partner persona and be proactive with creating solutions and recommendations based on their needs.
- Strategic Relationship Management – You will build deep, trusting relationships with the technical founders and startups that we partner with.
- You will assess in-bound referrals from our trusted VC network to identify in-persona startups and onboard them into the Commit network.
- You will continuously and meaningfully engage with our startup partners to learn and understand their engineering goals and needs.
- You will be responsible for the health score of our startup partners.
- New Product/Program Development – You will test new innovative programs to help our startup partners grow and optimize their early-stage engineering teams.
- You will plan and execute experimental programs to identify impactful ways to deliver value to our startup partners.
- You will collaborate with the rest of the Support Team to grow and scale successful programs.
Who you are
- ENTREPRENEURIAL. You are a self-starter with an entrepreneurial mindset. It is VITAL you have some past experience going from 0 to 1 on something (does not need to be big).
- You are intrinsically motivated and don’t need to be told to get the ball rolling. You know that it’s more important to get it started than to get it perfect.
- You aren’t afraid of trying new things and learning quickly — putting the pedal to the metal when it works, and iterating on it when it doesn’t.
- You know when to reach out to others for guidance. You thrive on constant development and learning through others.
- RESILIENT. We are specifically looking for candidates who DON’T QUIT. You will not be able to succeed in this role if you don;t know how to get back up after getting knocked down.
- You are dependable and know how to prioritize.
- You know how to maximize the impact of your efforts through your understanding of the business objectives.
- You know what matters and can triage competing priorities.
- COMMUNICATIVE. You are a strong communicator who cares about authentically connecting with partners and the developer community.
- You’ve probably been commended on your communication skills in the past. You are a good listener who can empathize with others’ challenges and easily articulate the value of our programs.
- You love meeting new people and understanding different perspectives.
NOTE: While not required, strong preference will be given to candidates with 2-3 yrs of sales / SDR / BDR experience at a software startup, and/or a background/undergraduate degree in business.
What we offer you
- Base salary of $70-90K + generous stock option package, depending on experience.
- Health + Dental benefits coverage
- 3 weeks vacation + 12 recognized holidays + an allowance for personal days
- Equipment to work from home and a work from home allowance
- An inclusive and diverse work environment that promotes working out loud as one of its key operating principles.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
As an early-stage startup, we know it’s critical to build inclusive processes as a part of our foundation. In our shortlist (our top 5 candidates), we are committed to having a minimum of 3 candidates who self-identify as women and/or 3 candidates who are part of underrepresented minority groups.