Collaborate with like-minded tech junkies
No more technical interviews
Work with over 70 pre-vetted impactful startups in North America
Gain access to transparent salary bands and mentorship to grow your career.
Commit is a VC-backed remote-first community and accelerator program for Canadian senior software engineers looking to join some of Silicon Valley’s most innovative startups as one of the first engineers.
We work exclusively with startups who are financially stable, have great salaries, use an exciting tech stack, champion diversity and inclusion and care about supporting your growth. We make all this information and more available to you so that you can make the right decision.
So how does this work?
1. Go through a brief/simple 3-step interview process with Commit. Learn more now. 2. If you’re accepted into the program you will be paid a full salary while we work together to match you to a startup. 3. Once matched, you with with a startup for 3 months. If you’re happy, you can stay with them, and if not we’ll work together to find a better match.
Throughout this process you gain access to all of our software developers from past cohorts. Curious about what it’s like to join a startup as the first engineer? Looking for the best course on Rust? Running into an issue with Terraform that you can’t solve? Someone in the community has been in your shoes and can help. We’re run by engineers for engineers.
Read more about us before you decide:
- Our guide to what you can expect from our program
- What it means to be part of our program on our blog.
- Our website: https://commit.dev/
- Questions? Email us at email@example.com
What we offer during the program:
- Full time paid employment as an Engineering Partner
- Extended health and dental plan, for you and for your family
- The right equipment to do your best work
- Access to your own career coach and a mentor for your job search
- We provide 15 vacation days, on top of statutory holidays while you’re part of the Engineering Partner program. There is no limit on Sick Days or Personal Days
- Invitation-only events with technical leaders. We’ve been lucky to have guests like Katie Wilde (VP Engineering @ Buffer), Armon Dadgar (CTO @ Hashicorp), Gokul Rajaram (board member at DoorDash, Coinbase, Pinterest and The Trade Desk) and many others join us for private learning sessions.
We are a fully distributed, remote-first community, launched in Vancouver, with posts in Toronto, San Francisco, Mexico City, and more. We raised $6M from Accomplice, Inovia Capital and Jason Warner (former CTO @ GitHub).
- 4+ years of experience in software engineering (non-internship)
- Experience working on SaaS, marketplace, consumer or infrastructure
- Entrepreneurial mindset
- Growth-oriented attitude
- Ambitions of excellence in your craft. Some of our past developers have grown into CTOs, principal engineers, and/or joined companies as the first engineer
Our Preferred Tech Stack:
- FE: One/some of: Vue.js, React, Redux
- BE: One/some of: Golang, Node.js, Ruby/Rails, Python/Django (MVC!)
We believe that language is a tool. It’s more important that you have experience with one or more modern coding languages, than that you have experience with any particular language itself.
You might also have:
- Understanding of basic DevOps: AWS, GCP, Docker, Kubernetes/Terraform, CI/CD
- Understanding of RESTful APIs and/or GraphQL
- Understanding of cloud-native distributed systems and microservices
**Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion: **
As an early-stage startup, we know it’s critical to build inclusive processes as a part of our foundation. We are committed to building and fostering an environment where our employees feel included, valued, and heard. We strongly encourage applications from Indigenous peoples, racialized people, people with disabilities, people from gender and sexually diverse communities and/or people with intersectional identities
So what are you waiting for? Join Commit, unlock the next phase of your career.
Questions? Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org