Remote (Canada Only)
*Applications currently closed
Commit is the first professional network founded by software engineers that puts the career needs of Startup Engineers first. It’s a collaborative, remote community with life-long peer-to-peer support, personalized career development, and unique access to startup opportunities.
We recently raised $6 million in our pursuit of changing the workplace forever. Now, we’re adding to our team to continue with our incredible mission.
Why we need you
As the Community Manager, reporting directly to the VP, Engineer Success, you will tackle the most important and impactful initiatives to grow and develop the Commit community.
What you will do
- Own the entire community member experience to create an environment where developers can learn, teach, and grow together, faster.
- You will deliver value to community members, including by facilitating connections within the community, driving engagement and contributions, and helping individuals realize their goals.
- You’ll focus on celebrating community members’ success’ and achievements.
- You’ll collaborate closely with the Product team to create a seamless in-product and off-product developer experience for our members.
- You will be responsible for the NPS of our community and establish other core KPIs to track, analyze, and report on community success while working with leadership to forecast and strategize on future goals.
- Build and optimize a community content strategy to promote self-serve learning and encourage contributions from our community.
- You will plan and execute experimental programs to identify impactful ways to help members build out their own personal brand to share with the community.
- You will collaborate and work cross functionally with the growth and marketing teams to achieve business results for community growth, community engagement, and community-driven acquisition of new members.
Who you are
- You are someone who builds strong relationships and cares about authentically connecting with developers.
- You understand the developer persona and are able to quickly build trusting relationships with new and existing members by continuously learning about their goals and needs.
- You’ve probably been commended on your communication skills in the past. You are a good listener who can empathize with others’ challenges and help problem solve.
- You are a self-starter with a learner’s mindset.
- You are intrinsically motivated and don’t need to be told to get the ball rolling. You know that it’s more important to get it started than to get it perfect.
- You aren’t afraid of trying new things — putting the pedal to the metal when it works, and iterating on it when it doesn’t. You are willing to experiment with no-code solutions and passionate about learning and iterating.
- You know when to reach out to others for guidance. You thrive on constant development and learning through others.
- You are accountable and know how to prioritize to reach your goals.
- You know how to maximize the impact of your efforts through your understanding of the business objectives.
- You know what matters and can triage competing priorities.
- You enjoy hosting events (online or in person) and love making connections and being an advocate and champion for our community to share.
- You are passionate about growing communities and engaging members within them.
- You are a motivated and ambitious individual with presence, confidence, and energy.
What we offer you
- Base salary of C$70-85K depending on experience
- Health + Dental benefits coverage
- 3 weeks vacation + 12 recognized holidays + an allowance for personal days
- Equipment to work from home and a work from home allowance
- An inclusive and diverse work environment that promotes working out loud as one of its key operating principles
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
As an early-stage startup, we know it’s critical to build inclusive processes as a part of our foundation. In our shortlist (our top 5 candidates), we are committed to having a minimum of 3