Commit is the first professional network founded by software engineers that puts the career needs of Startup Engineers first. It’s a collaborative, remote community with life-long peer-to-peer support, personalized career development, and unique access to startup opportunities.
We recently raised $6 million in our pursuit of changing the workplace forever. Now, we’re adding to our team to continue with our incredible mission.
Why we need you
Commit’s Content team is looking for an individual who can tell our stories in a compelling and meaningful way. Our audience of startup engineers wants to make an impact and loves diving into challenging technical problems, and we need someone who’s excited to dive in with them through writing.
This is no ordinary content role – at Commit you’ll have the opportunity to experiment with topics and formats and refine your craft, all while working with top engineers and startups in North America. Reporting to the Director of Content, you will play a large role in shaping Commit’s brand and growing our communications channels into a thriving community for startup engineers.
What you will do
- You will manage the content pipeline for the blog, collateral, publications, newsletter, and social channels (75%)
- You will write, review, and edit content for the aforementioned formats above. Content examples include interview style articles to informative pieces.
- You will work alongside the Content team to generate new content ideas and formats and review analytics to identify what resonates with our audience of software engineers.
- You will support other teams with content creation, specifically working cross-functionally with the Growth Team and Engineering Success Team.
- You will help manage the marketing coordinator to gain on-the-job leadership skills.
- You will support in the community management outreach strategy (25%)
- You will amplify the content produced by establishing relationships with influencers, startups, and groups within the developer ecosystem.
- You will partake in conversations with software engineers and conduct market research to better understand our audience.
Who you are
- You are a clear communicator who is self-motivated and strategic.
- You’re excited about the idea of writing an article even though you might not know anything about the topic. You are comfortable asking questions when you don’t fully understand someone or some concept.
- You know that content performance does not only depend on the words but also the format, visuals, the platform, posting time, posting day, etc.
- You thrive in an autonomous environment and are empowered by having complete ownership of the content funnel from ideation to analysis.
- You love connecting and learning from other people.
- You find it easy to connect with people on social media and spark a conversation.
- You are always looking at what other people, brands, and groups are doing on social media and thinking about ways to increase engagement.
- Bonus points if you have experience working with developers or startup-minded folks in the past.
- You are fuelled by creative solutions.
- You seek unique approaches to problem solving.
- You’re always looking for a better way to do things.
What we offer you
- Base salary of $50 – $70K depending on experience
- Health + Dental benefits coverage
- 3 weeks vacation + 12 recognized holidays + an allowance for personal days
- Equipment to work from home and a work from home allowance
- An inclusive and diverse work environment that promotes working out loud as one of its key operating principles
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
As an early-stage startup, we know it’s critical to build inclusive processes as a part of our foundation. In our shortlist (our top 5 candidates), we are committed to having a minimum of 3 candidates who self-identify as women and/or 3 candidates who are part of underrepresented minority groups.