Full Time Remote – Must be legally eligible to work in Canada or the U.S.
Commit is the first professional network founded by software developers that puts the career needs of Startup Engineers first. It’s not a job board, it’s a collaborative, remote community with life-long peer-to-peer support, personalized career development, and unique access to startup opportunities.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Support Team, which is made up of the people responsible for running our business and supporting customers – our Engineering Partners (EPs). Everything we do is guided by our key operating principle: Do what’s best for our Engineers.
Why we need you
Commit has figured out a model that works, and our founders have led growth to date — now we need your help to take us to the next level. Our Growth team’s goal is to find 1,000 Engineers to onboard into the Commit community by the end of the year. If that challenge excites you, then please keep on reading!
Reporting directly to our VP Growth, we need someone to help with day-to-day tasks that might look like those of a technical recruiter. However, rather than looking to source candidates to match a very specific job description, your main focus is to show Engineers how Commit can add value to their careers and then support them while they make the decision on whether or not to join. You will be responsible for strategically connecting with Engineers across Canada, networking, building relationships, and offering to come alongside them through their career transitions.
The ideal start date for this role is as soon as possible, though able to accommodate for the right candidate.
What you can do
- You can coordinate and manage all aspects of the recruitment cycle, from sourcing to hiring technical talent.
- You can partner with our VP Growth to deeply understand their requirements, crafting creative and yet strategic hiring strategies (from job descriptions to job ads and more), and attracting A-player candidates.
- You can do tactical recruitment tasks, from tracking leads in the pipeline to putting together employment agreements, from doing reference checks to negotiating and presenting job offers.
- Experience with ATS systems would be an asset.
- When you find something that works, you can help set up systems and processes that scale.
- As we are an early stage startup, you can help us create processes and systems that scale through the use of new technology and applications, and you can pick up on how to use new systems fast!
- You can build relationships that last!
- Often Engineers may not be ready to switch roles or companies or take that risk to join a startup. You will be responsible for being able to set up connections that last so that when they are ready, they know who to reach out to!
Who you are
- You are creative. You know how to think outside of the box, and you’re ready to help build a recruitment organization unlike any other! You also aren’t afraid of trying new things! Putting the pedal to the metal when it works, and iterating on it when it does not.
- You are passionate about people. You may have a background in Engineering, HR, Operations, or any other field but it’s not fitting quite right and it may be time for a change. One thing you do know is that you are passionate about people and helping other people succeed is exciting for you.
- You’re an all-rounder. You are willing and able to help with all aspects of the Growth pipeline at Commit. Sometimes we will also need all hands on deck to solve problems unrelated to Growth, and you’ll be ready!
- You are reliable and pay attention to details, but you also know you’re not perfect and that’s okay. Every mistake is an opportunity to learn but you’ve had to clean up your own messes before and can do it effectively, with humility, and good humour.
- You are excited about working remotely & asynchronously. You’re pumped about the flexibility to work from wherever is best for you right now (as long as you can work within North American time zones) and in playing a vital role at Commit in defining the future of work.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
As an early-stage startup, we know it’s critical to build inclusive processes as a part of our foundation. In our shortlist (our top 5 candidates), we are committed to having a minimum of 3 candidates who self-identify as female and/or 3 candidates who are part of underrepresented minority groups.