Full Time Remote – Must be legally eligible to work in Canada or the U.S.
Commit is the first professional network founded by software developers that puts the career needs of Startup Engineers first. It’s not a job board, it’s a collaborative, remote community with life-long peer-to-peer support, personalized career development, and unique access to startup opportunities.
We are looking for someone to join our Engineer Partner Experience (EPX) team reporting directly to our Chief Experience Officer. This team is on a mission to build the best-in-class experience for our customers – the Engineers. Their happiness is our team’s responsibility. We want the Engineers who join Commit today to say that it was the best decision they made for their career because we helped them feel part of a community, become better at their craft, and find an influential role at a startup.
Why we need you
As Commit’s Director, Customer Success, we need your expertise in building and running programs and managing teams to support Commit’s continued, scalable growth.
You will build and lead a team to develop and execute strategic people-related solutions that support how we onboard, develop, match, motivate, and support our Engineers throughout their career journey. You will also run programs that support our Engineers in the areas of peer-to-peer support and learning & development, including coaching, matching, peer learning, mentorship, and other engagement initiatives.
The ideal start date for this role is as soon as possible, though able to accommodate for the right candidate.
What you can do
- You can build out a scalable customer success function.
- You can steer an important company function by setting a direction, managing expectations, and reporting on data.
- You can carry an idea from ideation to execution and then scale with help from the team, working across all the functions at Commit. These steps include the design, implementation, retrospection, and iteration of critical programs within EPX.
- You come ready with frameworks for how to lead and grow effective teams. You can prioritize and provide support and leadership for your team.
- You can identify customer’s needs and challenges and then develop and implement programs and systems to address them.
- You’ll be responsible for tracking our key metric as to the satisfaction of our Engineers, and you can evaluate and investigate trends and take action.
- You uncover details within our Pulse Checks and iterate quickly to constantly and consistently improve the systems and programs that provide support and guidance throughout the Engineer experience.
- You can be an advocate for Commit’s customers – the Engineers. You can effortlessly communicate the value of initiatives, their progress and their impact on Engineers, including in asynchronous written form.
What you’ll be responsible for
- Commit’s key operating principle: Doing what’s right for the Engineers
- Engineer NPS
- Engineer Retention
Who you are
Your purpose is to create conditions where people can shine. You are a self-starter who is willing to work on both a strategic (high-level) and tactical (day-to-day) level and have the organizational skills required to coordinate cross-functionally.
- You are passionate about people, and genuinely like to connect, communicate, and collaborate with almost anyone. You have 5-7 years of experience in customer success / account management, possibly at a tech company, and it may be time for a change. You have 2-3 years of experience managing and growing teams. Whether it’s running a strategic planning session, a system outage post-mortem, or designing a new program for EPs, you do it with clarity & care. You have excellent communication skills, a bias for action, and a knack for articulation.
- You’re an all-rounder. You are willing and able to help with all aspects of EPX at Commit.
- You like learning. You want to dive into new topics and are comfortable in uncertain, fast-moving situations.
- You are reliable and pay attention to details, but you also know you’re not perfect, and that’s okay. Every mistake is an opportunity to learn, but you’ve had to clean up your messes before and can do it effectively, with humility and good humour.
- You are excited about working remotely & asynchronously. You’re pumped about the flexibility to work from wherever is best for you right now (as long as you can still work within North American time zones) and in playing a vital role at Commit in defining the future of work.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
As an early-stage startup, we know it’s critical to build inclusive processes as a part of our foundation. In our shortlist (our top 5 candidates), we are committed to having a minimum of three candidates who self-identify as female or three candidates who are part of underrepresented minority groups.