Commit is a VC-backed professional network built for engineers by engineers. Commit is the invite-only network where software developers connect with hiring managers and experts at the world’s fastest-growing startups.
About the Role:
Our Commit Certified Employer is on a mission to become the world’s most impactful financial technology company by enabling the evolution of money. They are looking for a Full Stack Engineer to join their team based in their office in downtown Vancouver.
- You have 6+ years of development experience preferably in FinTech banking, payment or related fields that involve digital forms of money.
- You have shipped multiple full-cycle software projects that created either high value to your clients or high impact or both.
- You have experience working in an Agile environment and understand the pressures and nuances that arise within such an environment.
- You are open to an in-office work culture (while we respect and provide hybrid work options, we place a premium on face-to-face contact).
- You are ready to work in a multicultural environment. You are ready to engage with teammates from different time zones.
- You are willing and able to take on leadership roles and think outside of your primary job function.
- You are an excellent communicator with particularly high levels of documentation skills.
- You have the necessary eligibility status that allows you to work in Canada.
- Ensuring user experience determines design choices.
- Striking a balance between functional and aesthetic design.
- Maintaining brand consistency throughout the design.
- Ensuring responsiveness of applications.
- Designing and developing APIs.
- Meeting both technical and consumer needs.
- Ensuring optimal performance of the central database and responsiveness to front-end requests.
- Designing customer-facing UI and back-end services for various business processes.
- Developing high-performance applications by writing testable, reusable, and efficient code.
- Running diagnostic tests, repairing defects, and providing technical support.
- Documenting Node.js processes, including database schemas, as well as preparing reports.
- Keeping informed of advancements in the field of Node.js development.
- A competitive salary.
- Year-end performance bonus plan.
- Performance-driven eligibility for stock options.
- Cool office space in downtown Vancouver with flexible work schedules.
- Unlimited vacation days.
- Dev-spec Macbook laptop and peripherals.
- Comprehensive extended health benefits for you and eligible family members.
- Ongoing training and learning opportunities.
- The opportunity to work with some of the smartest minds in the industry and contribute directly to making a difference that will touch the lives of billions.