Commit is the first professional network founded by software developers that puts the career needs of Startup Engineers first. We’re building a collaborative, remote community with life-long peer-to-peer support, personalized career development, and unique access to startup opportunities.
We recently raised $6 million in our pursuit of changing the workplace forever. Now, we’re looking to expand our team to continue with our incredible mission.
Why we need you
Our Engineer Success team is in a unique stage of growth and is expanding on how we engage with our engineers. We are constantly looking for ways to level up our engineers with a heavy focus on learning and development in our program and are in the process of extending that reach to our broader community – exciting times!
As Commit’s Manager, Communications & Events you will be reporting directly to the VP of Customer Success. This role needs a driven, motivated individual that is able to execute on a strategy to be able to grow and scale this community through different types of touchpoints, proactive communication, and regular events and speaker engagements.
What you will do
- You will continuously find different ways to communicate with the community and make an impact in every initiative that you do. You understand a person’s time is valuable and you’re determined to find interactions that add value to their day.
- You will understand and define the engineer personas and execute and iterate on an engagement strategy through different channels (think newsletters, social media, webinars, panel discussions, etc).
- You will tie our communication strategy to the departmental and organizational goals and capture feedback from the audience to learn and iterate with.
- You will enable authentic connections in our community through events and identify thought leaders, industry experts, and skills/certifications that share Commit’s values and would be of interest to the community.
- You will own the event calendar for Engineer Success, working closely with leadership and account managers to understand how to add relevant events to further our engineers’ growth and careers.
- You will look for opportunities to collaborate with other established event companies to grow brand awareness in the community.
- You will support the growth of event attendance and engagement working with Engineer Success and operations teams.
- You will design and own the voice and tone of the Engineer Success team, working collaboratively with other functions of the business for various initiatives and content creation.
- You will work closely with the Support Team to help design how we present to the community, finding the fine balance between emphasis on technical knowledge and incorporation of the importance of soft skills.
Who you are
- You have razor sharp awareness for details and can be accountable for well thought out execution of projects.
- You know the importance of setting realistic goals and targets.
- You are data driven and put an emphasis on measuring success.
- You’re able to think short and long term with projects (you love documentation) as well as not strive for perfection but rather iterating versions based on feedback.
- You are passionate about growing a community.
- You have strong interpersonal skills, including empathy, a good listener, and adaptability.
- You are a liaison between an audience and an organization, staying on top of industry trends, hot topics, and content to break down what people need to know and why.
- You are creative and curious.
- You know how to think outside the box and prefer the runway to do so! You’re a self starter that doesn’t need an exact playbook to execute on an outcome.
- You aren’t afraid to make mistakes and try new things; you are a learner by nature.
What we offer you
- Base salary of $70-90K depending on experience
- Health + Dental benefits coverage
- 3 weeks vacation + 12 recognized holidays + an allowance for personal days
- Equipment to work from home and a work from home allowance
- An inclusive and diverse work environment that promotes working out loud as one of its key operating principles
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
As an early-stage startup, we know it’s critical to build inclusive processes as a part of our foundation. In our shortlist (our top 5 candidates), we are committed to having a minimum of 3 candidates who self-identify as women and/or 3 candidates who are part of underrepresented minority groups.