Full Time Remote – Must be legally eligible to work in Canada or the U.S.
Commit is the first professional network founded by software engineers that puts the career needs of Startup Engineers first. It’s a collaborative, remote community with life-long peer-to-peer support, personalized career development, and unique access to startup opportunities.
Commit has figured out a model that works, and our founders have led growth to date — now we need your help to take us to the next level.
Why we need you
Our audience is comprised of software engineers who thrive on startup work and a variety of technical challenges. We’re looking for a marketer who is passionate about growing thriving communities of software engineers, and who has experience engaging this audience in an effective and genuine way.
This is an exciting opportunity to help grow the brand and communications channels for our company. We recently raised $6M in seed funding and will use it to fuel massive growth.
We will need your help on the following:
Marketing Campaign and Program Management:
- Own the company narrative and be the brand steward across channels, working closely with internal stakeholders and external vendors (e.g. PR agency) to ensure consistency and clarity of message
- Establish campaigns that drive marketing qualified leads
- Optimize performance of marketing channels, including but not limited to events, social media, blog, website etc.
- Track, analyze, and report on performance of marketing channels and campaigns
Leadership and Team Management:
- Develop a positive and thriving remote-work culture on the team
- Embrace diversity and foster inclusion
- Mentor and coach to support growth of team members
- Oversee third party vendors: PR agency, consultants, and contractors
Who you are
- You have a learner’s mindset. You thrive on constant development and learning through others, and you’re eager to learn more about being a better leader and a marketer.
- You’re highly detail oriented. You can manage multiple priorities today, while keeping an eye on what’s coming.
- You are creative. You know how to think outside of the box, and you’re ready to help build a community unlike any other! You also aren’t afraid of trying new things! Putting the pedal to the metal when it works, and iterating on it when it does not.
- You’re an all-rounder. You are willing and able to help with all aspects of the Marketing pipeline at Commit. Sometimes we will also need all hands on deck to solve problems unrelated to Growth, and you’ll be ready!
- You are excited about working remotely & asynchronously. You’re pumped about the flexibility to work from wherever is best for you right now (as long as you can work within North American time zones) and in playing a vital role at Commit in defining the future of work.
Experience as an asset
- You come from a marketing background. You might have a bachelor’s degree or certificate in marketing or a couple years of experience so that you are familiar with the marketing metrics and KPIs.
- You have experience with all the parts of executing on a campaign. You may not have led a campaign in the past, but you’ve taken part in enough of them to know what a successful campaign looks like, how to plan for it and execute it well.
- You have 3+ years of experience. This could be at an agency, a startup, another Saas company or a company selling developer tools.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
As an early-stage startup, we know it’s critical to build inclusive processes as a part of our foundation. In our shortlist (our top 5 candidates), we are committed to having a minimum of 3 candidates who self-identify as women and/or 3 candidates who are part of underrepresented minority groups.