Commit is the first professional network founded by software developers that puts the career needs of Startup Engineers first. We’re building a collaborative, remote community with life-long peer-to-peer support, personalized career development, and unique access to startup opportunities.
We recently raised $6 million in our pursuit of changing the workplace forever. Now, we’re adding to our team to continue with our incredible mission.
Why we need you
Commit’s core value is to do what is right for the engineer. We believe that software engineers are the best people to understand the pains felt by other engineers and build solutions for them.
At Commit, we empower our development teams to take full ownership of the problem they’re solving and to drive all stages of the Product process. We are looking for a Product Operations Manager who can support our development teams to build products and drive best practices to promote operational excellence.
What you will do
- You will enable our Platform team to build product efficiently and effectively.
- You will work with product owners to define their overall product vision and strategies and communicate these to internal stakeholders.
- You will assist product owners with user and market research and problem discovery.
- You will design and implement product experiments.
- You will choose the tools and processes used by the team to collaborate effectively.
- You will curate and analyze data to inform the Platform team’s Product decisions.
- You will define, track, and analyze key product metrics, including NPS and user behaviour data, and share your insights with stakeholders.
- You will establish a practice of data-centricity when planning new product offerings to quantify opportunities and measure success.
- You will be the main point of contact for stakeholders on behalf of the Platform team.
- You will clearly communicate priorities, releases, and timelines to stakeholders.
- You will establish repeatable and transparent processes for feature requests, escalations, and other important stakeholder interactions.
- You will develop a shared understanding of business goals and strategy among team members and with stakeholders.
- Optional: If you have a passion for or interest in product marketing, you will find the best ways to present Commit’s product and brand to potential customers, as well as internal stakeholders.
Who you are
- You have enough product experience that you know what to do and how to do it. You also have the organizational and operational skills to get it done and the attention to detail to make sure it’s done right.
- You know what it’s like to build a product with software engineers. You have developed a strong empathy and understanding of software engineers from working with them in a product management or related capacity.
- You are an innovative and critical thinker with a learner’s mindset, and are looking to grow as you gain new experiences. You can think outside the box and use relevant data to solve problems and make decisions. You aren’t afraid to try new things and are excited about the opportunities to expand your skills and responsibilities.
What we offer you
- Base salary of $90-120K depending on experience
- Health + Dental benefits coverage
- 3 weeks vacation + 12 recognized holidays + an allowance for personal days
- Equipment to work from home and a work from home allowance
- An inclusive and diverse work environment that promotes working out loud as one of its key operating principles
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
As an early-stage startup, we know it’s critical to build inclusive processes as a part of our foundation. In our shortlist (our top 5 candidates), we are committed to having a minimum of 3 candidates who self-identify as women and/or 3 candidates who are part of underrepresented minority groups.