Full Time Remote – Must be legally eligible to work in Canada or the U.S.
Commit is the first professional network founded by software developers that puts the career needs of Startup Engineers first. It’s not a job board, it’s a collaborative, remote community with life-long peer-to-peer support, personalized career development, and unique access to startup opportunities.
This is an exciting opportunity to join our Support Team, which is made up of the people responsible for running our business and supporting our customers – our Engineering Partners (EPs). Everything we do is guided by our key operating principle: Do what’s best for our Engineers.
Why we need you
Commit has figured out a model that works, and our founders have led growth to date. We’re looking for an expert to help us scale beyond our networks and our instincts.
Reporting directly to the CEO, we need someone to build and lead a world-class, data-driven Growth Team to reach our goal of onboarding 1,000 Engineers into the Commit community by the end of the year. You will determine strategy, set priorities, and be responsible for the Growth budget in order to drive conversion rate optimization and effectively manage daily Growth initiatives.
The ideal start date for this role is as soon as possible, though able to accommodate for the right candidate.
What you can do
- You can build out systems to drive up ARR in a low touch SaaS organization.
- You have experience building systems that can bring a SaaS organization to over $10M ARR.
- You are capable of running tactics to get the Growth function up and running, while building a scalable strategy and hiring a team to help you execute.
- You can build and lead a team.
- You enjoy helping team members find what they are good at, supporting them in refining that, and using it to help accelerate the goals of the team.
- You have some experience building a team, not necessarily from scratch, but you know what to look for in aligning with team goals and complementing existing team strengths.
- You have experience being both a coach and a team player, being able to strategically plan but also quick on the tactical things to help build and keep momentum.
- You can effortlessly manage a portfolio of concurrent initiatives. You can manage multiple processes at once and are able to maintain quality with quantity by leveraging your systems and team.
Who you are
- You are data driven and systems oriented. You understand the value of insights derived from data as an organization scales, and are able to use insights to make impactful decisions. You are an expert in building out systems that scale and leverage them towards continuous improvement.
- You are creative and resilient. You know how to think outside of the box, and you’re ready to help build an organization built by and for Engineers! You also aren’t afraid of trying new things! Putting the pedal to the metal when it works, and iterating on it when it does not.
- You are a strong communicator. You speak your mind with conviction but without ego. You are able to clearly articulate the opinions you’ve formed from your experience and can synthesize these with others’ perspectives to make effective decisions.
- You are excited about working remotely & asynchronously. You’re pumped about the flexibility to work from wherever is best for you right now (as long as you can still work within North American time zones) and in playing a vital role at Commit in defining the future of work.
Our Commitment to Diversity & Inclusion:
As an early-stage startup, we know it’s critical to build inclusive processes as a part of our foundation. In our shortlist (our top 5 candidates), we are committed to having a minimum of 3 candidates who self-identify as female and/or 3 candidates who are part of underrepresented minority groups.